Thursday, August 04, 2005

Impending Vacation

Well, those megapills are doing their trick - all the while wreaking havoc on my stomach and causing fatigue. Enough of my bellyaching. I've got a vacation for which to prepare. I've had the reservation since April and the cost is non-refundable so I'm going! Missing a day of work didn't help my stress level - I'm a day short in preparing my staff for my absence. Thankfully, they're a good group of folks who can keep things running well while I am gone. I have no delusions of indispensability. Sometimes, though, they forget how easy it is to carry on through a non-crisis so I'm posting this while I'm gone:



I was almost convinced to leave my laptop at home, but then I decided to put off completing the work for my two "I" grades a little longer so I'll use the quiet, distraction-free atmosphere to get them done. Maybe. I may or may not have internet access. I'm bringing one of those insidious Free AOL trial cd's with me in case they have a local number up there.

I have cable access at home and, even though it costs twice as much as the dial-up, they offer no travelling access - but they do with the dial-up! That pisses me off...not to the point that I'd switch back to dial-up - I'm far too spoiled with the instant gratification of cable.

Finally heard from one of the missing friends I'd caught up with. My dismay at not hearing from them was somewhat allayed by my therapist who advised me to try to fill my social voids from the here-and-now rather than the past.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home